More detailed information about stringed instruments and the history of violin making:
- Bernard Millant and Le Canu-Millant, Paris: lutherie and expertise
- International violin making competitions: Ente Triennale Cremona, Concours Etienne Vatelot, VSA competition, Mittenwald violin making competition
- Marcus Klimke: a highly decorated luthier
- Violin makers and masters: archive "V-Z"
- Munich violin makers and master violin makers and the joy of experimentation in a conservative craft
- The Hopf violin: a dynasty of Vogtland violin makers