Violin maker (restorer) or master violin maker (head of workshop)
Your assignment will be to perform all of the tasks involved in setting up, improving and restoring old stringed instruments. Working from our stately Munich workshop together with two talentedviolin makers and one master violin maker you will set up and restore our broad palette of stringed instruments, returning each one to the appropriate quality and making it ready to play at a high standard. In working at Corilon, you will demonstrate technical expertise and the ideal approaches to the art of a luthier, and if necessary, you will be instructed in precise and aesthetic methods.
We offer an appealing workplace, a friendly workshop with modern equipment, a variety of different activities, beautiful instruments to work with, and attractive remuneration. We expect you to have acquired solid knowledge of the fundamentals in the course of your training as well as a sense of artistic beauty.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- Successfully completed training as a luthier,
- Speak and understand English or German,
- A passionate interest in historic instruments,
- The ability to distinguish yourself with an expedient approach,
- Enthusiasm about working competently, efficiently, creatively and independently
We welcome your application portfolio consisting of a CV, photograph, transcripts and photos of your work.