Powerful violin bow by G. A. Pfretzschner

The Pfretzschner name stands for a good sound and a time-honoured tradition, both in the Vogtland region where the family has lived since the 15th century and around the globe. As the oldest dynasty of merchants in and around Markneukirchen, their atelier (founded in 1834) played a decisive part in the rising fortunes of the region, in part because they had always managed to work with the finest masters and ateliers. This approach was the cornerstone of the international success that the G. A. Pfretzschner atelier enjoyed. This violin...

The Pfretzschner name stands for a good sound and a time-honoured tradition, both in the Vogtland region where the family has lived since the 15th century and around the globe. As the oldest dynasty of merchants in and around Markneukirchen, their atelier (founded in 1834) played a decisive part in the rising fortunes of the region, in part because they had always managed to work with the finest masters and ateliers. This approach was the cornerstone of the international success that the G. A. Pfretzschner atelier enjoyed. This violin bow was crafted there. Its original stamp is the hallmark of the instruments the Pfretzschners sold internationally via their offices in Goteborg, Hamburg, London, New York and Paris. This top-quality bow has a stick of fine flawless pernambuco and is perfectly balanced, with the balance point centred at 27.0 cm of the total length of 74.1 cm. The head of the bow is an attractive example of the outstanding work which clearly makes this a masterpiece in keeping with the Saxonian tradition of solid craftsmanship. Its premium fittings are classical beauties, including a white mother-of-pearl slide, a genuine silver mounted frog of ebony and a luminescent Parisian eye. The dark, round, full sound which the bow produces can be warmly recommended; it is ready to play after having been thoroughly set up in our atelier.

Violin bow by G. A. Pfretzschner
tip
Fig. |