Hermann Richard Pfretzschner, who studied in Paris together with Vuillaume, established his workshop for bowmaking in Markneukirchen back in 1880. Soon he earned a good reputation by producing only high-standard bows and sticking strictly to the principles of Vuillaume, Voirin and Tourte. He became the official supplier for the Royal Court at Dresden, the symphony orchestras and the Conservatorium. This good Pfretzschner violin bow features a powerful yet active octagonal brown pernambuco wood stick and a silver mounted frog with a Pearl eye, the typical pearly slide and imprinted emblem. The sensed balance-point is centered, slightly inclined towards the tip, the measured balance-point is at 25.8 cm from the frog end. This useful and strong Pfretzschner bow can take much pressure and produces a large, warm, clear, direct and firm typical Pfretzschner sound.