Fine French master violin, Mirecourt circa 1860/1870 (certificate by Hieronymus Köstler)

This fine French violin from the 19th century reflects the self-confident profile of a talented and highly experienced master. It was made around 1860/1870 and patterned after a J.-J. Derazey / Grandjean model which features a highly distinctive sense of individuality. The violins narrow silhouette and delicate, very wide beesting are marked by an eye-catching elegance. The vertically...

This fine French violin from the 19th century reflects the self-confident profile of a talented and highly experienced master. It was made around 1860/1870 and patterned after a J.-J. Derazey / Grandjean model which features a highly distinctive sense of individuality. The violins narrow silhouette and delicate, very wide beesting are marked by an eye-catching elegance. The vertically positioned scroll is the stylish work of the well-trained and meticulous hand which also did the purfling with exceptional skill. With its flat arch table and gentle fluting, this fine master violin was crafted using the finest tone woods, which are both acoustically and aesthetically compelling. An orange-red-brownish oil varnish gives the top a fine historical look and accentuates the deep flaming of the one-piece maple back. The expert luthiers at our atelier have completely set up this with some table restoration considered in the price well preserved violin. The violin shows itself to be the outstanding work of a master by virtue of its bright, sweet sound which combines clarity with brilliance and resonance. The price includes a certificate of value by Stuttgart expert Hieronymus Köstler.

€ 11,900.00
approx. $ 14,042.00
Inventory no.
6000
Maker
Derazey Grandjean school
Provenance
Mirecourt
Year
1860/1870
Tone
sweet, mature, open, colorful
Length of back
35.8 cm
Fine antique French master violin around 1869/1870
-#2
-#3
-#4
Fine French master violin, Mirecourt circa 1860/1870 (certificate by Hieronymus Köstler)
Fine French master violin, Mirecourt circa 1860/1870 (certificate by Hieronymus Köstler)
Fig. |